-- ROAD FIGHTER REMAKE --
This game was developed for the RETRO-REMAKES REMAKE COMPETITION
organized by http://www.remakes.org hoping to win a prize! ;)
We hope that you can enjoy playing it as much as we have enjoyed developing it!!
If you want to know more about this game, you can visit:
After the competition deadline, you will be able to find more information about
the game there.
-- INSTRUCTIONS --
To play RoadFighter, just execute the RoadFighter.exe executable file. The main
menu can be browsed using cursor keys, space and the escape keys:
- cursor up/cursor down: browsing among options
- space/cursor right: selecting an option
- escape/cursor left: go to the previous menu
To play the game, just select 1 or 2 players. Then you can choose a game level:
- GAME A: For novices. You may want to play in this mode the first time you play
- GAME B: For advanced players. The game is quite hard to complete in this
- GAME C: For crazy players. In this game levels, you will have _serious_
problems to end the game.
In Road Fighter you drive a car. It is a death-race between you and a group of
crazy drivers. To play the game, you just need three keys: left, right and
accelerate. All three can be redefined in the main menu.
During the game, you can go back to the main menu by pressing the escape key.
You can press the backspace key if you want to restart a game.
To puse the game press F1
The game is divided in 6 stages. In each stage, the goal is to reach the
checkpoints before your car runs out of fuel. Easy? You may think so, but there
are many obstacles between your car and the checkpoints:
- Green cars: these drivers are unlucky enough to be on the
same road where your crazy race is taking place.
- Blue cars: your adversaries, you can usually go faster than them. But don't be
so sure, they can surprise you!
- Pink cars: suicide drivers. These cars will try to crash into you when you
- Trucks: you'd better avoid them
- Water: will brake your car
- Oil: wil make your car skid
- Rocks: you shouldn't crash on a rock... if you can!
During the race, you should try not to hit the borders of the road. But
some of the other cars will try to make you crash...
Another important issue is the fuel. You should try to collect all the fuel
recharges that you can during the game. They are represented by the pink hearts.
-- DISCLAIMER --
This is the unofficial remake of Konami's ROAD FIGHTER which was originally
released in 1985 for the MSX home computer systems.
Making sure that Konami won't sue us, we are telling you that we are not
related to Konami in any way except for liking their excellent games.
Also, this is a not-for-profit remake. So, we don't get any money from remaking
this or any other Konami titles.
-- CREDITS --
Programming: Santi Ontañón
Graphics: Miikka Poikela
Music/SFX: Jorrith Schaap
Beta Testing: Jason Eames, Miika Poikela, Jorrith Schaap, Santi Ontañón
-- SPECIAL THANKS TO --
The Retro Remakes crew, for organizing this wonderful competition!
Konami, for releasing the original game!
Lars the 18TH, for the gamemap picture