Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) - version 1.5.9
Hammer of Thyrion is a cross-platform port of Raven Software's
Hexen II source to support Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, QNX, other
unices, Mac OS X, Windows, and DOS. It is based on an old linux
port Anvil of Thyrion.
Hexen II was created by Raven Software Corp., published by Id
Software Inc and distributed by Activision, Inc. Hexen II and
Portal of Praevus are trademarks of Raven Software Corporation.
Hammer of Thyrion is *not* made, and is *not* supported by any
of these software companies in any way.
This code is copyright the repective authors and it is released
under the GNU Public License v2.
Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) release notes:
Changes in v1.5.9: (May 31, 2018.)
This is a minor bug fix and maintenance release:
- OS/2 support using SDL (should work on eComStation and ArcaOS too.)
- Updated third-party libraries (music codecs, SDL, etc.)
- Support for Watcom compiler targeting OS/2 and Windows.
- Support for libxmp for tracker music decoding (disabled by default.)
- AHI audio no longer fails if the library returns 32 bit format (e.g.
in AROS v0 nightly builds.)
- New AmigaOS MIDI driver using CAMD library.
- Several optimized assembler sources for m68k-amigaos.
- gcc is now supported to target m68k-amigaos.
- Software renderer: Reduced some 2D overdraw. Faster model lighting.
- Recursion optimizations to server world query procedures.
- New 'viewpos' command to display client's position and angles (based
on FitzQuake version.)
- config.cfg is no longer written in case of a Sys_Error.
- Utils, windows: Change threads creation to use _beginthreadex().
- All platforms, gameplay: Necromancer soul devour no longer prints a
stray number (bug #65.)
- Other minor fixes, tidy-ups, and protability tweaks.