KHESHKHASH by ENCORE & SCENIC
version 2.1.0 (September 14th, 2023)
Demo for MorphOS PowerPC
The first version of the demo was shown in Amiga demo
competition at the Mekka & Symposium 2002 party
(March 29th - April 1st, 2002,
Heidmarkhalle in Fallingbostel, Germany)
Remastered version created for MorphOS/PPC in 2022.
code, engine, remastered gfx3D/anim:
graphics by the gfx-group Scenic:
music (original and remaster):
(C) 2002-2023 ENCORE+SCENIC
hardware: PowerPC CPU, 3D accelerator
software: MorphOS 3.18, 3D drivers
Official video (1080p, 60FPS) with the demo:
-------- history --------
ver. 2.1.0 (September 14th, 2023)
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Engine updated to version 4.7.0.
- Demo code adapted to new engine requirements.
- Added function for save report to a file (MoerBoer's suggestion).
- Modified update mechanism of the end scroll.
- Fixed mamory leak in the Launcher.
- Fixed handling of help CLI argument.
- Fixed disabling/enabling a screen blanker.
- Fixed artifacts visible on the Report screen (thanks: Alexco
for the bug-report and tests, Bigfoot for the solution).
ver. 2.0.0 (December 27th, 2022)
- 100% code rewritten in C/C++ (MorphOS 3.16 SDK, GCC 11).
- Code is based on the Encore Engine 4.5.0 (2022).
- 3D rendering is realized in "fixed pipeline" (without using
shaders, like in 2002).
- Native version for MorphOS PowerPC.
- Music remastered by Jazzcat - author of the original version.
- All scenes, animation paths and models recreated in Blender 3D
and exported using Encore's plugins to files in formats
required by the Encore Engine.
- Added light in the Temple part. According to info from
Fusko - it was planned but not realized in 2002.
- Added shadow in the Pipe part.
- Smoke in the Pipe part now uses Encore's particles system.
- Added rotating flares in the Good-Bad part.
- This version of the demo uses original images, but some textures
were upscaled with a machine learning algorithm and adapted
to new requirements.
- Fixed alpha-channels and antialias in some textures.
- Fog per-vertex replaced by tricky pseudo fog per-pixel.
- End scroller created in EncUIKit.
- Added cyclical fading of background images in the End part.
- Added Launcher which allows to select the demo parameters.
- Now a user can switch between window and screen modes while
watching the demo..
- MorphOS version of the demo uses the Reggae (MorphOS multimedia
framework) and allows to play music loaded into memory
or streamed from the file.
ver. 1.0.0 (October 22nd, 2022)
- The first public version for AmigaPPC+3D (StormMESA) released
at the Mekka&Symposium 2002 party in Amiga demo compo.